Dr. Clara Fashana, ND, L.Ac.
My journey into medicine began at 12 years old when I was diagnosed with scoliosis. As a child, the conventional medical options were limited and felt overwhelming. This experience launched my path into alternative medicine where I found tools for self-empowerment, and eventually lead me to become a Naturopathic doctor and Acupuncturist.
Greater health and vitality is possible for everyone! The wisdom and guidance of nature is present in our bodies, and visible in our daily and monthly rhythms and cycles, supporting us to maintain healthy form and function. Our symptoms are guideposts, orienting us to the course we’ve taken in the past, and pointing us to possible future destinations. I approach health from this perspective, viewing symptoms as a manifestation of the body’s attempt to get our attention and move us in new directions, and seeking the underlying causes of disease. I support you in cultivating greater awareness of the guidance of nature in your body.
As a Naturopathic Doctor and Licensed Acupuncturist, I draw from my knowledge of Naturopathic medicine, classical Chinese medicine and conventional medicine in approach to your healthcare. I welcome collaboration with your other medical providers.
I have a special interest in helping people wanting to live their life with less pain, and who want to address the underlying causes of their pain. Whether you are suffering from back pain, fibromyalgia, menstrual pain, migraines, or sports related strains or injuries, I offer an individualized and holistic approach to the many manifestations of pain.
I view my role as that of a teacher and assistant, educating and supporting you through your process of unwinding and healing, and I encourage each person I work with to make their health a priority and stay actively engaged in maintaining their health.
In my free time, I enjoy taking dance classes from many of the talented teachers in Portland, taking my dog on hikes, cooking up a storm in the kitchen and enjoying Portland’s natural beauty and culture with my family and friends.
Modalities I utilize to support your vitality:
- Dietary assessment and recommendations
- Perineural injection therapy (neural prolotherapy)
- Myofascial release bodywork
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Homeopathy and biotherapeutic drainage
- Chinese and western herbal medicine
- Nutritional supplementation
- Naturopathic Doctorate and Master of Science of Oriental Medicine. National College of Natural Medicine.
- B.S, University of Oregon.
- Perineural Injection training. John Lyftogt. 2015.
- Myofascial Release training: Michael McMahon, Moving Mountain Institute. 2015-present
- Cranial Sacral Therapy: Michael McMahon, Moving Mountain Institute. 2015-present
- Shen-Hammer pulse diagnosis, acupuncture and mentorship. Brandt Stickley. 2012-2013.
- Mentorship with Dr. Dickson Thom focused on biotherapeutic drainage. 2012.